P.O.D.'s T-shirt Maximum Printable Areas.The following is a guide to help you compare the print areas available from some of the most popular Print on Demand (P.O.D.) companies for T-shirts based on product fronts. Some of these companies offer printing on the backs and sleeves at different dimensions and added costs. More companies will be added to this page over time. For better P.O.D's than the ones listed below, please check out How To Start Your Own T-shirt Shop Online. Note: The designs will not scale beyond the maximum printable area on larger cut tees, except for certain CafePress items which have different dimensions set.
- Cafepress Prints an area of 10" width by 10" height. They scale that for plus size tees up to 12" by 12"; and they'll scale down for smaller cut tees. Cafepress is not recommended by Tee Fetch .
- Printfection Has a maximum print area of 13.5" width by 16.5" height.
- Red Bubble Has a maximum print area of 12" width by 16" height.
- Skreened Has a maximum print area of 11" width by 17" height. Please note that they only offer light colored apparel.
- Spreadshirt Has the best maximum print area of 13.4" width by 25.8" height, with 11.8" by 11.8" being one design's maximum printable area. You can fill in the rest with a second design or text. Their site has extensive information on their print ranges and types.
- Zazzle Offers 2 maximum print area options, a 14" width by 12" height or 12" width by 14" height.