- How did you get started in T-shirt Designing and what was your first design?
I first made a “Sons of Gygax” mashup tee for Comicon, for personal use. I got so many positive comments that I started selling them on Redbubble, until I was informed that “Gygax” was a trademarked name. So I don’t sell that one any more, but it’s how I got started.
- Any advice for aspiring designers?
Keep practicing and experimenting to see what works. I’ve been drawing all my life, but I noticed that my work started to really improve once I began to draw with an audience in mind and started to research what was already out there.
- Any highlights in your career such as prestigious awards, mentions, and recognition?
I’ve had some of my art stolen by bootleg sites so I guess that’s an honor, in a way.
- Do you have any rivalries friendly or not? If so with who?
Unfriendly rivalry with Teechip, Sunfrog, etc. I suspect that the art thieves have made more money off my work than I have, simply because they’re more adept at advertising. I would love to see these places shut down for good.
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Definitely a cat person.
- Do you have any other skills or talents besides art?
Yes, but those are classified. 🙂
- Do you look up to any one in the T-shirt Biz?
BeastPop, Jimiyo, Khallion, MeganLara, Zerobriant, many others
- If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
I would have people spend one hour learning logic and critical thinking to offset each hour spent in church or Sunday school.
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
Teleportation. I love to travel but don’t always have the time.
- If you could keep one thing about the world what would it be?
Art and free expression
- If you have the ability to bring back any T.V. Show with fresh episodes but only one, what would it be?
Firefly would be tempting, but I’d really love to see another season of Deadwood
- Marvel or DC or Other?
Marvel over DC, but not terribly into comics in general
- What are your favorite fandoms?
Cthulhu, Dungeons and Dragons, heavy metal, classical mythology and folklore
- What Are Your Inspirations?
Everyone who fights against corrupt authority or tried to create beauty in the world
- What is your favorite accredited charity?
ACLU, Planned Parenthood, American Humanist Association, The Satanic Temple
- What software do you use for making designs? Any drawing tablets?
I use paint.NET, but someday I’d like to upgrade tp Adobe Illustrator and get a Cintiq.
- Would like to shout out to other artists?